System Administrator - Redhat Linux / Windows for the last 3 years and desktop/helpdesk support for 4 years.
My Current project:
Last night, July 6, 2008, I just order parts for my second Mythtv box. Technically its the first one, because the other one I made was more just to try it out but not really use. I decided to go with www.newegg.com for this order, I normally go with www.tigerdirect.com but I found most of the parts I needed on newegg so I just ordered them all at the same time from the same place.
- COOLER MASTER Real Power Pro 550 RS-550-ACAA-A1 550W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
- OCZ Platinum Revision 2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
- Thermaltake Mozart Media Lab VC4000SNS Silver/ Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Desktop Computer Case
- ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
- MSI N8400GS-TD512 GeForce 8400 GS 512MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 SLI
- Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1250 Hybrid Video Recorder 1196 PCI-Express x1
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250310AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s x 3 for RAID-5
- DVDROM 6x EIDE and other fans if needed from my old AMD64 desktop
- Mythbuntu x64 8.04 or 8.10 when it comes out
and away we go....
I'm about to move at the end of the summer closer to work. My plan is to build it and have my best friend's mom and dad use it for a month or two. I've used it before but I want to see what will happen I put it in front of non-tech people. My friend's dad likes the sound of it and might want me to build him one too if things go well.
I'll be looking forward to recording HD OTA and Clear QAM/Digtal cable...
More to come...