Let me just start by saying MythTV rocks. I was keeping track of where I was at with Myth on my home wiki, but then figured I might as well share it here!
- AMD S754 Athlon 64 3700+
- Gigabyte S754 GA-K8VM800M
- 1GB Ram
- 320GB Western Digital 7200rpm 8M Serial ATA HDD
- Albatron FX5200LP 128M 8x Video Card with DVI output.
- DVICO FusionHDTV Hybrid Tuner
- DNTVLive LP Tuner
- DVICO FusionRemote
- BenQ PE8700 DLP Projector
- Ubuntu Dapper (upgraded from Breezy server install)
- Kernel 2.6.15-23-amd64-k8
- Patched v4l-dvb drivers (Many thanks to Chris Pascoe for getting the DVICO card going)
- NVidia amd64 version 8756 (testing) (8178 was stable(ish) for me, I think version 7176 has amd64 bugs)
- Ratpoison window manager
- MythTV 0.19.x fixes branch (had to move
/usr/lib/libdts.a<code> to compile)
- Xine external DVD/video player
What's working for me
- Live TV/TV recording Free to air HD/SD (from Sydney, Australia). Both tuner's simultaneously.
- AC3 passthrough including 5,1 surround
- XvMC ( with Bob de-interlacing for HD channels. Have to manually turn it off for SD stuff).
- XMLTV grabber from the OZTivo site
- MythDVD using xine as an external player
- Multi-monitor config. I need an easy way to switch between MythTV running on my TV-Out and on the projector. There's some shows where it is just not worth wasting lamp hours on.
What more do I want to do
- I'd like MythMusic to use MythGallery as a visualisation!
- More cleanup of MythGallery thumbnail code. (Thumbnail cache is unnecessary if EXIF thumbnails are available in the images themselves)
Useful config info
xorg.conf for PE8700. ExactModeTimingsDVI is important!, not sure about the others.
Since nvidia version 8756 the Modeline is not required as it generates them from the EDID and specifying 1280x720 works fine.
Section "Monitor" Identifier "Benq PE8700" Option "DPMS" Option "UseEDIDFreqs" "true" Option "ExactModeTimingsDVI" "true" Option "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP" Option "RenderAccel" "true" Modeline "pe8700" 74.160 1280 1352 1392 1648 720 725 730 750 -hsync -vsync EndSection