I currently work as a Broadcast Systems Engineer for the BBC in Television Centre, London. In my spare time I throw myself down hills on a mountain bike, down caves on a rope and other silly pursuits...
Involved with various IPTV projects and DVB multiplexing for the UK as well as European satellite operations.
Combined Front/Backend - Galahad
- MSI K8NGM2-FID
- Athlon64 3200+
- 512MB DDR RAM
- 320Gb Seagate Barracude SATA HDD (/ - ext3; /store - xfs)
- nVidia 6150 on-board (Component, DVI, Composite Out)
- 1x KWorld DVB-220RF Hybrid PCI (DVB-T/Analog/FM - Saa7134 chipset)
- 1x Kworld DVBS-100 PCI (DVB-S - CX88 chipset, currently unused since no access to satellite feed)
- Ubuntu Feisty with customised MythTV packages built from SVN head
- IRMan serial infra-red receiver (to be replaced with a UIRT2 when I build one)
Other systems on my network run a frontend which connects to Galahad as and when required.
Patches I'm Using
- #3405 Alsa input for analog capture
Applies, not tested to see if it actually works.
- #3189 Mythfrontend rescales themes every startup
This works really well, the prescaling dialog barely appears now.
- #3501 osd channel icon not rescaled on osd theme change
Applies, need to test switching osd but I certainly see all my icons.
- #3293 Autodiscovery Patch for MythFrontend
Works very well, as the ticket says the GUI could do with a little love.
- #3334 Allow mythtv-setup to use the downloadable icons from the new online database
Applies, I cannot get this to actually do anything at the moment though - need to investigate further.
Patches I want to test/apply
- #3505 Avoid OSD resize from 4:3 when viewing 16:9 TV
Patches submitted by me
- #3078 Consistent behaviour of SELECT action across widgets
In SVN, 13123