You don't need "_" in your links. Mediawiki handles that automatically, and also makes things easier to read. For example Project:Manual of Style is just as good as Project:Manual_of_Style. I spotted that on Main Page, but since I don't have sysop power, I can't edit that one. --Gregturn 21:43, 23 January 2006 (UTC)
- That's called "being a lazy cut-and-paster" Greg. :-) Yeah; I know; I've been a wikipedian for about 2 years now, and work on half a dozen others, some private. I'll go clean it up though; and thanks again for all the great work.
--Baylink 21:45, 23 January 2006 (UTC)
Am I qualified to join the admin team?
I've been chipping in to help do some cleanup. Everyday, I'm checking the list of uncategorized pages, and either cleaning up titles and putting them somewhere, or else tagging them as ready for deletion. Along the way, a lot of redirect pages are getting created that need to be deleted. Unfortunately, I can't delete anything due to my limited status. My best effort has been to put them under Category:Articles Ready for Deletion. --Gregturn 04:11, 29 January 2006 (UTC)
- That was my thinking, Greg, yes. Steveadeff, too. I declined (for no conceivable reason) when Isaac offered to make me a bureaucrat, back when he set the thing up, so I'll have to ask him to do it.
--Baylink 04:36, 29 January 2006 (UTC)
- Any updates here? I notice Goldfishbot isn't a "bot" yet, at least officially. Nonetheless, I continue to use that little guy. P.S. Check out User:Gregturn/FAQ. --Gregturn 03:05, 12 February 2006 (UTC)
- I had asked Isaac to do that, on IRC, but I suspect he didn't hear me. I'll ask him again. Or you could. --Baylink 03:14, 12 February 2006 (UTC)
Can we cook up some admin category?
Since you pulled the categories for stubs, articles ready for deletion, etc. from knowledge base, can we create an admin subcategory underneath knowledge base for these categories? --Gregturn 17:11, 9 February 2006 (UTC)
Can you take a look at this?
I think some 0.17 release notes are on 0.18 release page. Details here: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Talk:Release_Notes_-_0.18 - Stormwave0 20:31, 13 February 2006 (UTC)
Personaly Political/Socio-Economic Feelings in the News section
no offense, but can you cut out the political and socio-economic opinions from the news section. The actual links to the articles, etc. are fine, whatever, but by putting your personal feelings there about things will make many people think that is the view of the entire MythTV contributing community, which it is not. If you, or others want to discuss these things there are plenty of forums, chat rooms, etc. for it, but I don't think the main page of the Wiki is one of them.--Steveadeff 16:16, 15 February 2006 (UTC)
- You missed the part where Isaac took me apart in public over this on IRC, yesterday? :-) --Baylink 17:37, 15 February 2006 (UTC)
- yea... I'm not an irc regular.--Steveadeff 18:10, 15 February 2006 (UTC)
Found a floating page
Thanks for the hint about my userpage; it's now back at User:Michel. I've verified it at Category:MythPeople, and found you are not at it...
- I'm hiding. :-)
I like to contribute, where do I start?
Do you have a vision for how this wiki should look like? I would like to contribute... See also Talk:Mythtv-setup
- That was Octavsly. And well, I did, originally, and then there were the inevitable creative differences, and I've been on vacation. But yeah, I sorta still do. We've collected a lot of content over the last 2 years, but we do need to clean up and organize a bunch of it, in our Copious Free Time.
Probably the most productive thing you could do -- if you're running 0.20.2 -- would be to skim through the User Manual and make sure it matches the current version; there are places in which I know it doesn't. --Baylink 21:38, 16 November 2007 (UTC)