From MythTV Official Wiki
What do you mean by: as its violating site "TOSs" -- SilentButeo2 12:24, 8 January 2014 (UTC)
- That grabber appears to collect information from web sites in a way that is against the wishes of the site owner. Usually the EPG/Metadata sites have something like "no automated scraping" in their Terms of Service (TOS).
- For example it appears to support scraping the site that is talked about on http://www.bucksch.org/1/projects/various/xmltv/
- Also it appears to access IMDB in a way that violates http://www.imdb.com/help/show_article?conditions -- Dekarl 12:58, 8 January 2014 (UTC)
Enable WebGrab+Plus again
Please, could you enable WebGrab+Plus again?
And for the next reasons:
- 1. It satisfy the site owner TOS, by implementing the "the ROBOTS exclusion standard".
- 2. When a site owner has complains about WG++ grabbing their site, the site is removed at first question.
- 3. IMDB is not accessed default by WG++. This is only an option that can be enabled by the user. Also work is in progress, to satisfies the MDB conditions.
I don't know which site you refer to by:
- "For example it appears to support scraping the site that is talked about on http://www.bucksch.org/1/projects/various/xmltv/"