The video playback mechanism in MythTV uses a common path for all of the types:
- Recording playback.
- Live TV.
- Video playback.
There are checks in many places to do different things depending on the type. Live TV is just a recording and simultaneous playback, but does have many nuances for features such as channel changing and moving from one program to the next.
- Describe how we decode a frame
- How do we deinterlace frame(s)
- How those frames then get to the display
- What does the video painter do?
- What does the video renderer do?