The WebFrontend is a browser based frontend for MythTV. It will replace mythweb but is not full replacement for mythweb in MythTV 0.28 therefore mythweb will still be supported/avaliable.
WebFrontend is served by an internal HTTP server in the mythbackend application and requires no additional dependencies or configuration, working out of the box.
- No external dependencies, no configuration required
- HTML 5
- CSS 3
- Web Sockets - Real time updates with no polling
- HTML 5 Video support (work in progress) with HLS streaming (DASH support planned)
- TLS Encryption
- Digest Authentication
- Programme Guide
- Schedule creation and editing
- Program searches by Title, Person, Category, Keyword and Channel
- Recording Rule Management
- Recording Management
- Recording Playback in browser
- Remote control of playback in mythfrontend
- Streaming playlist support (M3U8, ASX, XSPF formats)
The WebFrontend is configured with a default account named "admin" protected by the password "mythtv" on installation.