The WebFrontend is a browser based frontend for MythTV. It will replace MythWeb but is not a full replacement for MythWeb in MythTV 0.28. Therefore MythWeb will still be available.
WebFrontend is served by an internal HTTP server in the mythbackend application and requires no additional dependencies or configuration, working out of the box.
- No external dependencies, no configuration required
- HTML 5
- CSS 3
- Web Sockets - Real time updates with no polling
- HTML 5 Video support (work in progress) with HLS streaming (DASH support planned)
- TLS Encryption
- Digest Authentication
- Programme Guide
- Schedule creation and editing
- Program searches by Title, Person, Category, Keyword and Channel
- Recording Rule Management
- Recording Management
- Recording Playback in browser
- Remote control of playback in mythfrontend
- Streaming playlist support (M3U8, ASX, XSPF formats)
The WebFrontend is configured with a default account named "admin" protected by the password "mythtv" on installation.