The purpose of this page is to cover specific issues that aren't necessarily covered in the official documentation.
Info on XMLTV http://xmltv.org/wiki/
- 1 Important Notes for all XMLTV users
- 2 Worldwide
- 3 Outside North America
- 3.1 Australia
- 3.2 Belgium
- 3.3 Brazil
- 3.4 Croatia
- 3.5 Czech Republic
- 3.6 Denmark
- 3.7 Finland
- 3.8 France
- 3.9 Germany/Austria
- 3.10 Greece
- 3.11 India
- 3.12 Italy
- 3.13 Hong Kong
- 3.14 Netherlands
- 3.15 New Zealand
- 3.16 Norway
- 3.17 Slovakia
- 3.18 South Africa
- 3.19 Spain
- 3.20 Sweden
- 3.21 Switzerland
- 3.22 United Kingdom
- 3.23 Ukraine, Russia, Belarus
- 3.24 Latvia
Important Notes for all XMLTV users
EPG Collector is a .NET/Mono program for collecting the transmitted guide data from DVB or ATSC streams in various formats and creating an XMLTV file.
Outside North America
Generally, XMLTV is used by people living outside of North America. North American users should instead see Schedules Direct.
If you live outside the USA and Canada, there are some other sources of guide information.
Refer to Australian TV Listings for further details.
- OzTivo Guide (Free, requires registration)
- http://www.icetv.com.au (AU$99 per year subscription)
- Shepherd (Free: hybrid multi source)
See also this (largely historical) list of Australian grabbers.
The following is a list of grabbers for Belgium. It is presented only for historical purposes, because at the time of writing this (January 2011) none of them work.
There are a working grabber, tv_grab_br_net a perl scripts (or any other Linux native solutions) for Brazilian TV programming. This grabber get data from Net  cable TV. No open to air TV on this source, just paid tv programme. It is detected by mythtvsetup and you are prompted (on background windows) to make your choice about your city, line-up and channels. It provide both, simple and complete description for programs.
Other functional alternative is to use TVxb, which isn't open source or even Linux, but works well with wine (at least as far as version 1.0085).
TVxb is configurable for different countries via ini-files. Check the following page for Brazilian templates. As of today, there are some for NET (PR), and others for TVA as well.
For information on how to set it up with MythTV, check out TVxb.
The grabber in the official XMLTV distribution works correctly. More information is available on http://www.gonix.net/.
The XMLTV grabber for "Hungary/Romania" was extended to the Czech Republic.
Another way to get TV listings in Czech Republic is TVxb.
Not public XMLTV file for czech and slovak channels (UPC channels included) can be send after request to rfordinal.
In Denmark there is a group maintaining several grabbers. This group has created the following:
- A Wiki located at http://niels.dybdahl.dk/xmltvdk
- A mailing list located at http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/xmltvdk very 10 minutes. Only title and descr
- A sourceforge repository located at http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmltvdk
- Another source of info: http://xmltv.se
Currently three grabbers are maintained:
- DR 2012 grabber written in perl (dr.dk)
- An additional written in python (yousee.dk)
- An universal grabber combining data from mutiple sources (tvtid.tv2.dk, yousee.dk, tv-guiden.dk, jubii.dk, ontv.dk, ahot.dk, dr.dk and swedb)
The grabbers in the official XMLTV distribution work correctly. Alternate source: http://xmltv.se
The grabber in the upcoming XMLTV release works correctly. More information is available on .
- epgData offers data on a subscription basis, the grabber from the main xmltv distribution works.
- XMLTV.se offers many of the main channels for personal use, the grabber from the main xmltv distribution works.
- Some channels are available via Egon Zappt in the upcoming release of xmltv.
- TV Movie can not give out their data without additional license, see Ben Bucksch's log.
Try this link for Nova Greece: http://sgcpm.com/epg/devilcosta.gz, for example using mythfilldatabase. (Be aware that its just a dump of DVB-EIT using the service_id as channel_id which is not proper xmltv. Please consider writing a proper grabber for the file so it can be configured via the GUI or simply provide a proper guide feed with tools like NonameTV.)
The grabber for What's-On-India has been added to the official XMLTV distribution.
An XMLTV grabber for all channels in India can be found at http://ravihtpc.wordpress.com/2010/01/09/india-epg-data-for-mythtv-xmltv-listings-grabber/.
The grabber in the official XMLTV distribution works correctly.
I modify his source code to get information from TVB new web site.
download Tv.php http://mythtv-xmltvhk.googlecode.com/files/Tv.php download hongkong.ini http://mythtv-xmltvhk.googlecode.com/files/hongkong.ini build xml from tvb, atv website using following command, just entry php ./Tv.php hongkong.ini > hongkong.xml using 'myfilldatabase' to update mythtv schedule program, just entry mythfilldatabase --file 1 hongkong.xml
(* it is my first development on php, so it may be simplified *)
[Last Update by hwkit (17/04/2010)]
Since TVB web site is changed, the program need to be updated. (My php skill is poor, so there are error when running, however it also can get schedule from TVB web site), I also change the program name called 'xmltvhk.php'. Please download it from google.
download xmltvhk.php and copy it to /etc/xmltvhk (http://mythtv-xmltvhk.googlecode.com/files/xmltvhk.php) download updated hongkong.ini and copy it to /etc/xmltvhk (http://mythtv-xmltvhk.googlecode.com/files/hongkong.ini) download filltv and copy it to /etc/cron.weekly (make it executable (chmod +x /etc/cron.weekly/filltv) (http://mythtv-xmltvhk.googlecode.com/files/filltv)
Source code svn checkout http://mythtv-xmltvhk.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ mythtv-xmltvhk-read-only
[Last Update by hwkit (07/07/2010)]
Netherlands (Holland) specific info can be found here: Netherlands
The grabber in the official XMLTV distribution works correctly. Another source of info: http://xmltv.se
The XMLTV grabber for "Hungary/Romania" was extended to Slovakia.
See the South Africa MUG WIKI page for details.
Both grabbers in the official XMLTV distribution work correctly.
The grabber in the official XMLTV distribution works correctly. More information is available on http://xmltv.se.
The grabber in the official XMLTV distribution works correctly.
The grabbers in the official XMLTV distribution work correctly. A brief guide to configuring tv_grab_uk_rt is available.
Ukraine, Russia, Belarus
- tv_grab_ru Converts JTV-formatted archive with about 200 channels to XMLTV. But this application does not show additional info about programmes.
- tv_grab_ua Downloads XMLTV-formatted data from sites like teleguide, izbushka or star.poltava.ua. In addition it parses existing data and adds category/rating/credits into output XMLTV file.
- teleguide.info XMLTV-formatted zip archive with programmes inside.