- 1 Key New Features
- 2 Major Changes
- 3 MythTV
- 3.1 mythfrontend
- 3.2 Key Bindings, Jump Points, and Input Devices
- 3.3 Guide Data, EIT, Program Info, and Media Metadata
- 3.4 Audio
- 3.5 Video Playback
- 3.6 Disc Playback (DVD, Blu-Ray, etc) and Media Detection
- 3.7 OSD, EPG, MHEG, CC, and Subtitles
- 3.8 Network Control
- 3.9 mythbackend
- 3.10 Scanning and Tuner/Recorder Support
- 3.11 Other Hardware "Support"
- 3.12 Scheduler
- 3.13 Setup / mythtv-setup
- 3.14 Misc
- 3.15 MythUI
- 4 Translations & Localization/Internationalization
- 5 Themes
- 6 Ports
- 7 Plugins
- 8 Support libraries & Frameworks
- 9 Utility Applications
- 10 Mythextras
Note: Please note that the following reflects changes for a future release of MythTV currently in development and not recommended for production use. The current release is 0.26.
Important 0.27 Dates
||2 Oct 2012
The 0.27 release encompasses development revisions from [178ea5aa] though [TBD].
This update is based on commits up to: [TBD] dated TBD
and mythweb [TBD] dated TBD.
Note: After v0.27-pre-86, git and therefore mythbackend --version are reporting v0.26, not v0.27. This was cared for with a new tag v0.27-pre2 on 30 Nov 2012.
Key New Features
- Remove the
Weekslot recording rule types. Users of these types should see [a1f9793] for alternatives.
- Remove the
Channel Record recording rule type. Add a
This channel filter to maintain the that functionality. Automatically convert existing
Channel Record rules to
All Record rules with the
This channel filter enabled. Full details of this and the next two 'sub bullets' at: [9497ba1], [030ba69]
- Add a dialog to offer common actions instead of immediately entering the schedule editor when SELECT is pressed on a non-scheduled program.
- Change the behavior when RECORD is pressed in the EPG and elsewhere.
- Provide accurate position/duration/seeking with non-constant frame rates. Note that to get the benefit of these changes for preexisting recordings, it may be necessary to run "mythcommflag --rebuild" on affected recordings. [49dbed5] #10104
- Remove the AutoRecPriority feature. [9aaed0b]
- Remove redundant "All Programs - " text in Watch Recordings screen. [ba2c783]
- Improve the group filter display on the Watch Recordings screen. [7c7b44a]
- Default to local time for
mythshutdown --setwakeup, use
--utc if required. [ef7810c]
- As promised in the 0.26 Release Notes, the legacy CEA-608 teletext caption support has been removed. #10786 [4f98a09]
- The Set Recording Priorities screen has been removed (use the "Manage Recording Rules" screen.) [f8cb433], [a2ccb9f]
- The Reschedule higher priorities setting has been removed. The scheduler now always does this. [6eaa373]
- Use recording rule priority as the primary scheduling priority. 
- The Delete Recordings screen has been removed. [7349a86]
- Change the ADJUSTSTRETCH action to also support toggling. [b79da45]
- In mythtv-setup/Capture cards, some Card type: names have been changed/corrected. The list was also reordered. [536b7c1]
Card type name changes
|HDHomeRun DTV tuner box
||HDHomeRun networked tuner
|DVB DTV capture card (v3.x)
||DVB-T/S/C, ATSC or ISDB-T tuner card
|Analog V4L capture card
||Analog capture card
|MJPEG capture card (Matrox G200, DC10)
||Analog to MJPEG encoder card (Matrox G200, DC10, etc)
|MPEG-2 encoder card
||Analog to MPEG-2 encoder card (PVR-150/250/350, etc)
|H.264 encoder card (HD-PVR)
||HD-PVR H.264 encoder
|USB MPEG-4 encoder box (Plextor ConvertX, etc)
||Analog to MPEG-4 encoder (Plextor ConvertX USB, etc)
Added support libraries/prerequisites
QT 4.8 [9d670e8]
Removed support libraries/prerequisites
Special Notices & Instructions
- As always, backup your database before upgrading, see this.
mythshutdown's default logging has changed. Most users will find (for example) that
mythshutdown --check will now tell them exactly what they need. For full log output,
mythshutdown --check --verbose general --loglevel info is required. [f070528]
- The default Xinerama aspect ratio has been changed to widescreen and the list has been re-ordered in setup. [e4c52f2]
- Client programs that make use of the Services API, should be checked for compatibility with this release, significant changes to the protocol have been made. Developers of these clients should have prepared for the following:
- Recording Rules: take note that the version has changed from 1.10 to 1.11 and treat the differences in AddRecordSchedule and GetRecordSchedule. Also, UpdateRecordSchedule was added. Details are here: 
- Content Services API fixes and minor enhancements [aad0c37]
- Tell Script engine to use ScriptableContent instead of Content to match the other services.
- Fix case on StorageGroup argument to GetHash method definition.
- Allow GetRecordingArtworkList(), GetProgramArtworkList(), and GetHash() to be used in scripts.
- Add a Dvr GetTitleInfoList() endpoint [c8cd017]
- HTTPLiveStream::GetLiveStreamInfo() fixups. [9c3f956]