MythTV 0.9 is now available.
- New release. Fun stuff. Here's what's changed:
- UI makeover, mainly by John Danner. Just look at the screenshots page for details on this.
- Better automatic commercial detection/skipping by Chris Pinkham.
- Support for closed captioning by Lonnie Hutchinson.
- More flexible TV OSD design.
- Support for the hardware mpeg encoder cards supported by the ivtv driver (mainly, the Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250 and -350). Please note that the ivtv driver has not been officially released yet, and is still sort of buggy -- it randomly stops capturing, and can lock your system up. Please direct bug reports to the ivtv-devel list instead of the mythtv lists. Also, please note that the hardware decoder on the PVR-350 is not supported by the ivtv driver yet.
- Very preliminary DVB support by Ben Bucksch, needs finishing.
- Translations for Italian, Spanish, Catalan, Dutch, French, and German.
- Playlists, a new playback UI, and much speedier execution in MythMusic by Thor Sigvaldason.
- Completely rewritten MythVideo module by John and Thor.
- Many more changes that I'm forgetting about.
- Random bug fixes, random new bugs, as usual.
- As always, grab things from the download section and read the documentation. Make sure to read the various UPGRADING files if you're upgrading from an earlier release.
- Be sure to check out the Add-ons section of the downloads. I've noticed a large number of people never grab things like MythMusic, MythWeather, or MythVideo.
- Precompiled packages for Debian will be available shortly from the usual place.
Posted by Isaac on June 9th 2003