MythWeb client on Mac OS X
If you use a computer running Mac OSX to browse a MythWeb backend server, you are likely to find that the streaming links do not work for you, because QuickTime is not capable of dealing with the
.asx.asf files that result from clicking on the streaming links.
The easiest solution to this problem is to change the default treatment for
.asf files. Here is what to do:
- Get a copy of VLC and install it
- Select an
.asffile in the Finder. If you don't have one, just create one by renaming something else. The
.asfextension is all that matters.
- Choose Get info from the File menu.
- Click the triangle next to Open with: to expand the section
- In the popup menu choose VLC (if it appears) or Other if it does not. In the latter case, find your copy of
VLC.appand select it.
- Click the Change All... button.
You should now find that streaming works.